I don’t usually do posts about food, probably because it’s a hurried process and I don’t have make time to take pictures/make up my own recipes… even when I do improvise, I don’t ever write it down, so duplicating my own recipes is nearly impossible. But the point is– we really like food around here. A lot. Good food. Not fancy, not expensive– I think a good meal shouldn’t have to cost more than, oh, say, $12. Any time I have ever paid more than that I feel like the quality of the food doesn’t increase along with the price.
Not that we have been eating out much– once a week, maybe. And I really think a lot of it has to do with coming across all these great recipes. So here’s a few of our favorites (warning: proceeding with the rest of this post is entirely likely to leave you in desperate need of one or more of these dishes):
1. Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Pasta. Red peppers. Goat cheese. Parmesan. Need I say more?
2. 5 Spice Cream Cheese Chicken. So, so, so good. Even better than I had expected; we made it twice the first week I tried it. Especially good with the sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli, as pictured.
3. Martha Stewart’s Basic Pancakes. Everyone loves pancakes. True story. But does everyone know how easy it is to make pancakes from scratch? I didn’t. But try it once and you’ll never go back. Tip: when I am making a batch of these, I always double the recipe. Then we have leftovers for the following day. I also make a separate double recipe batch, mixing only the dry ingredients and put it into the pantry for next time. Because half the battle is getting out all the supplies and putting them back. I generally make these on a weekly basis… maybe on occasion for dinner…
4. Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup. Who doesn’t love a slow cooker? It’s yummy, easy, fast, and especially good for company– the food is already cooking when they arrive, making the hostess job easy. For some reason people always seem to be impressed with homemade Thai food (oh, but if they only knew how easy it is…!)
5. And just for fun, here’s a link to recipe I haven’t had a chance to try but plan on it in the near future– Chicken Tikka Masala, probably my all time favorite dish. This one looks amazing!!
**all photos used with permission from their respective sources; thank you, Gina, Heidi, Lauren! I would say Martha too, but she didn’t respond personally 😉